Friday, February 11, 2005

02-11-2005

114) The Shape of Things. Okay, every three minutes I would alternate between liking and hating this movie. Like, I'd start thinking "geez, can we get some dialogue that's NOT lame and stilted in here!" and then everything would start going normally again and I'd find something in a performance that was just brilliant and then I'd start thinking "could you stop being such a stereotype for five seconds Rachel Weisz" and then I'd start thinking "but it's such a perfect performance as the stereotype and really, stereotypes are around because enough people fit them" and just back and forth like that so I have no idea how to feel. Just weird, but I guess if it got me thinking about it so hard and provoked such a reaction then it's done it's job. Also, Gretchen Mol can now officially be added to the list of actresses I am madly in love with.

115) Pauly Shore is Dead. I was really disappointed in this because I thought it was going to be this documentary about some joke Shore pulled on all these celebrities, like he got some guy from MTV or E! or somewhere to ask if they had heard about Shore's death and get their reactions to see what they said about him and then surprise them, but as it turns out it's all scripted so that was a total let down. My way would have been funnier, I think, but whatever. The vulgarity level was disturbingly high (I watched it with Sarah and Charity and I'll admit to being embarassed a few times) and a lot of it was pretty dumb, but there were several truly inspired comedic moments. Take this exchange:

Blonde Girl: Hey, you're that creepy guy in all those movies!

Tom Sizemore: No, you're thinking of Michael Madsen.

See, if she had said "you're that creepy guy from real life" then she would have had him. Anyway, the script was clearly written by Shore and it's quite amauterish at times, but for the most part it's pretty funny. I even managed to get in an awkward thirty seconds of face time with She Who Is Not Spoken. That didn't go well at all.

116) Raising Helen. I liked it, because I am a girl. And Kate? Would it hurt you to maybe eat something from time to time? I'm just saying. Cause those sticks you're walking around on? Yeah.

116 down, 884 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home