Sunday, February 06, 2005

02-06-2005

101) The Order. What? So let me get this straight: Rich, excommunicated Catholics pay this guy to come around and absolve them of their sin through some weird and arcane ritual so they can get into heaven without the help of the church? I'm going to forget my issues with Catholocism, and even my whole deal with "it's okay to make a blasphemous movie about those bigoted and narrow minded Catholics and maybe you'll tick off a handful enough to protest, but don't say anything against The Religion of Peace or you'll get stabbed in the streets", and just say that as a movie the story isn't sound, much less theologically. What crap.

102) Final Destination 2. NOOOOOO! NOT ALI! DAMN IT! Yeah, so there's a lot of messed up ways to kill people in the movies. There was about one "clever" twist too many and the ending was just tacked on for an extra scare/laugh, but as far as teen horror vehicles go it's pretty good, and it's one of those sequels that's probably better than the original, so I'm down.

103) Open Water. I loved this. For real, it wasn't a scary "oh no, sharks!" kind of deal like the trailers were making it out to be, but it's just one of those great movies that shows you so more about a character in five minutes just by putting them in an adverse situation than some movies do in their whole two hours. I mean, you could tell it was a pretty amateur work (some of the acting was horrendous and a lot of the shot choices were very first year film school. I can say that because, you know, I went to film school and all.) but the script was fantastic and, oh how I hate myself for saying something so trite and cliched, real. Like when they started arguing over who's fault it was and how their first reaction wasn't to devise an ingenious plan built around some deus ex machina item that they just happened to have on them and trying to remember information from shark week and the history channel. It was just great.

After Open Water I went to see my brother's new baby (he looks like Winston Churchill) and then to a Super Bowl party at Fancy Nancy's so that killed the rest of the day. I'm so full I think I could pop right now. I'm going to put in Grind but I'm sure I'll fall asleep so it will have to get finished tomorrow. I'm really going to have to play catch up this week since I'm roughly seven behind schedule right now. I've got about 40 extra movies worked into the schedule so I'm actually on pace, but it's still nice to have as much cushion as possible. Hopefully Donna will let me come over and watch Desperate Housewives with her tomorrow night so that will get me a little further behind but I'm not willing to sacrifice Desperate Housewives for a bunch of stupid movies damn it!

103 down, 897 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home