Saturday, February 05, 2005

02-05-2005

97) Psycho Beach Party. See, I have problems with movies like this. I'm sure the people that made Highlander considered it a good movie and expected it to be a conventional success, and instead were successful by spawning an obsessive and cult following. But the people behind this had to know it wouldn't be a hit and instead designed it to be a cult movie. It's the same problem I had with Buckaroo Banzai. By purposefully gearing the movie to a certain ironic subset it's like they are cheating or something. Whatever.

98) Mom and Dad Save the World. If Terri Garr had a nickel for every time she was forced to save the planet from an evil space tyrant, she'd have five cents.

99) The Family Man. Surprisingly, Lee owns this DVD. Standard and sappy. Whatever.

100) Dawn of the Dead. I'm not going to get all "sanctity of the holy trinity" about this, because Night is the only real gem of the three anyway, but at a certain point it stops being a remake and just starts being a zombie movie with a few things in common with the original Dawn. And as far as that goes, you have to really mess up to mess up a zombie movie cause no matter how well they are done they are never "good". I mean, God bless, they're about zombies. So I liked that this one didn't have the silliness of the first one (the zombie pie fight? really?) , the cameos by original cast members were well done and overall it's a good watch. I did miss the hillbilly target practice scene from the first one though. That was pretty funny.

I stopped in the middle of Dawn of the Dead to go eat and go to the UAB game. Even if I was dissapointed by the outcome, it was a hell of a game. I'm glad I went. I'm going to start The Order, but I'm sure I'll fall asleep before it's over.

100 down, 900 to go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home