Friday, February 04, 2005

02-04-2005

95) Vengeance Valley. Yeah, this was kind of dull. Its rare when I see a western that I don't like (and I've seen Bad Girls, people), but this was just boring.

96) Intolerable Cruelty. Normally I love the Coens, but when this came out I was violently anti-Clooney (I don't really remember why, but I think it had something to do with Solaris sucking so hard) so I managed to resist the siren call of Catherine Zeta Jones and stay away. But if I can sit through Haiku Tunnel and Hard Promises for the sake of seeing 1000 movies, I figured I could get over a little Clooney hatred and watch this too. Now the list of crap movies that Clooney has made since his last good one (Ocean's Eleven) has grown by one. What was I supposed to get from this? That the dissolution of the sacred institution of marriage is good comic fodder? That even the morally reprehensible need love too? Give me a break. Not even Edward Herman or the suprise cameo by Bruce Campbell was enough to redeem it. Coens, what the crap happened? You're better than this.

96 down, 904 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home