Monday, February 13, 2006

Look who's back on the program...

...hooking up another fly joint while I flow on the slo jam...

I have to get a house. Yesterday as I was leaving to go see Match Point a latino fella was totally bitching someone out on his cell phone and causing quite a ruckus, and then today I realized that my hallway still reeks of the marijuana and I've just gotten used to it. Apartment living is getting to me. Further, it's now a constant reminder that the only rap and/or hippity hop that I have even more than a passing familiarity with is over ten years old and consists mostly of The Chronic, Doggystyle, and that Cypress Hill album with Insane in the Brain, which is why I routinely have to reference the Judgement Night Soundtrack when talking about pot instead of anything more modern (of which there is plenty). And that's just kind of sad (read: late 20s, middle class, southern, and white).
















Even if I were familiar with The Chronic 2001 , I would still be woefully behind...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Helmet/House of Pain song from the Judgement Night soundtrack as well as the Biohazard/Onyx tune.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

the helmet/house of pain song always weirded me out. it's the only one where there is a seperation between the two groups. all the others are basically the rock band providing the music and the rappers providing the lyrics, but that one there's the helmet part at the beginning and then it changes into a house of pain song. that just always bothered me. now the onyx/biohazard song is awesome if only for the invocation of black jesus.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home