Sunday, October 09, 2005

10-09-2005

772) The Honeymoon Killers. If you ever read a movie review that refers to the picture as "stark," what they really mean to say is it was shot in black and white. Low budget, indie production from the 70s so it was campy as hell, poorly acted, and, worst of all, boring. Which is a shame because it would make a fascinating "true crime" sort of picture and I'm sure Scorsese would have done a much better job with it.

773) How to Murder Your Wife. I doubt I'll ever marry. Not from some sort of fear or hatred towards marriage but because, to paraphrase Marx, I wouldn't want to marry any kind of woman that would have me. But I'll tell you this much, if I ever get smashed at a bachelor party and then wake up married to the unbelievably sexy Italian woman that had jumped out of the cake in a whipped cream bikini who didn't speak a lick of English or own any other clothing than a swimsuit, high heels, and her Ms. Galaxy sash, and who's only two pleasures in life seem to be cooking and sex then you can be damn sure I'd try and make a go of it.

774) Johnny Guitar. I'm now officially down with Nicholas Ray. Of the three of his I've seen this year, this and In a Lonely Place were about as good as you can get, Rebel Without a Cause, while extremely melodramatic, was also an excellent film, and They Live By Night was the picture of beginning talent turning a B movie into something better than it should be.

774 down, 226 to go.

- When was the last time Alabama, Penn State, and Notre Dame were all in the Top Ten at the same time? This is the most exciting season of college football (at least for me) in years.

- I am NOT happy about this whole Bree/Pharmacist thing. That's my Kool Aid, MFer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home