Friday, October 07, 2005

10-07-2005

766) Platoon. Of the many directors that I can't stand there are only two that I actually wish physical harm; Oliver Stone and Mr. David "I'm on TV" Lynch. Both are neck and neck in the "Which One Does Todd Hate More?" derby, but Lynch just pulled ahead. The only thing keeping him from being a clear winner is Twin Peaks, cause I liked it. Not sure why. Thinking back on it now, it was kind of stupid. But I got into it and that's that. Oliver Stone had Any Given Sunday to keep me from claiming him as my most mortal of enemies, and now he has Platoon too. So congratulations Mr. David "I'm on TV" Lynch. I seriously doubt you'll ever come up with anything else redeeming, douche bag.

767) Waiting. I'm tempted to say it's like Office Space for restaurants, but the humor is more in line with the Van Wilders and Road Trips of the world. Still, funny is funny.

767 down, 233 to go.

- What are they teaching kids in school these days? The theater had one of those big banners up for Walk the Line and when we were headed in to see Waiting this couple walked by and the girl said "Oh, I love Reese Witherspoon!" and the guy was like "what's that movie about?" and she was like "I don't know, some singer or something" and he was like "Oh yeah, I heard about that, I think my dad likes him" and she was all "Who is it?" and he's like "I don't know, some country singer. It will probably suck." And the whole time I was so ready to scream "JOHNNY CASH! IT'S ABOUT JOHNNY CASH! JOHNNY CASH WHO IS GREATER THAN TEN THOUSAND OF YOU!" and maybe even hit him. I hate teenagers.

- Charity got set up with an Auburn guy recently (I was dead set against it, but what can you do?) and she didn't really like him but went out with him again last night just to give him another shot. Turns out the dude's a total loser. She said he kept talking about playing football at Auburn which, first off, the girl doesn't give a crap about football and she'll tell you that in a heartbeat if you start in on it. Second, and this is the best part, she found out he was only the holder. Even better, he wasn't even the first string holder! Okay, the best part is actually that he still lives with his parents. I tried to warn her...

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A Johnny Cash turd is cooler than teenagers. Eff those MF'ers.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I had quite a buzz going when I posted that comment.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

Drinking and blogging -- it often leads me to saying arrogant things to UT fans at EDSBS. But yeah, high schoolers have always sucked. I have a two-year cutoff: everyone two years younger me on down to newborns all suck.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

we have our first drunken comment! at least that i'm aware of...

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oliver Stone has had some good stuff besides just those two. Curious what he did that you hated so much, Todd, besides Natural Born Killers (possibly the most repugnant movie when you adjust for its enormous budget, if that makes sense). Or is it just his public persona?

Off the top of my head, I liked Salvador, Nixon, and Wall Street (which was just on TV and almost never fails to suck me in).

12:18 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

Wall Street is one that I haven't seen but have heard enough about that I'll probably like it. Stone himself projects and air of pompous windbaggery (I have to make up words to desribe my feelings towards him) and that always seems to carry over into his movies. It's almost like you can tell from watching the movie how sitting in front of him and him telling you the story to your face would feel like, and that's not something you'd want to endure.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can't really think that is your first drunken comment, I'm quite sure I've left plenty

5:34 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

it's true, robin stays loaded 24 hours a day, so there's a very high probability that anything she's commented on was done drunkenly.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wasn't full-on drunk or anything, just had a good buzz goin'.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home