Thursday, September 08, 2005

That Obscure Object of Desire

Success...and then let down. So last night I got a couple of good stretches in and thought I was back in the saddle, so to speak, but no more! I'm blaming Sarah for this one. I watched The 39 Steps and had to rewind the last eight minutes of it SIX times because I kept dozing off and at one point I even turned the TV off, content to just sleep, but instead I pulled myself out of slumber and finished it off and started in on Life is Beautiful. Sarah wanted to come over and watch some more Once and Again so we watched an episode and then I was all "that's all you get" and she's all "but I don't want to watch your weird Italian movie, let's watch one more" but I refused so instead she watched another one in my room while I watched Life is Beautiful in the living room. And then she came out, having bawled throughout the entire episode, so naturally I had to watch it after Life is Beautiful and now it's 12:45 and I'm not even tired.

Further, I went back to work yesterday and got through the day pretty well. The knee itself is tight but the muscles are still weak and it will probably be a few more weeks before I've gotten them back to pre-surgery condition so I was sore and achy when I got home but it wasn't anything too terrible. And then today I pushed too hard and was too stubborn to quit and kept on going and I'm paying for it now. At one point this afternoon I could have sworn tiny little ax-wielding Itchys had invaded my blood and were hacking away at the interior of my knee. Like, it really felt like something was trying to cut it's way out through the knee cap. It sucked. My next doctor's appointment isn't until the 26th when they'll do x-rays and make sure everything is still straight in there so I've got to keep pushing and doing the exercises and getting back to normal lest they decide to cut again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home