Monday, August 15, 2005

08-14-2005

614) Topaz. Not very "Hitchcockian," but it was still a good spy drama and I enjoyed it.

615) Apache Ambush. It's always funny how chicks in westerns can see their brother and father shot down right before their very eyes and two minutes later be completely over it and swooning for our hero again.

616) The Big Gundown. Lee Van Cleef. Need I say more?

617) Assault on Precinct 13. Despite my hatred for the walking douche bag that is Ethan Hawke, I decided to give this a shot since K-Roc has been talking it up ever since he bought it and I figured I'd get a little work done while I was at Nancy's. And it was actually a pretty good, if nothing like the original.

618) In Like Flint. About as good as the first. The humor is slyer than the Austin Powers pictures so it's funnier, but not laughingly funnier. Does that make sense?

618 down, 382 to go.

I spent yesterday afternoon at Fancy Nancy's hanging out and eating and robbing her of her ice packs from when she had surgery. I felt like Lee walking out of there with two bags full of stuff, but those are some serious heavy duty ice packs she had so how was I going to pass that up? Plus, I doubt she would have let me turn her down anyway since the first words out of her mouth when she found out it was this friday were "Do you want to stay here? There's no stairs and I can cook for you." So yeah, I'm looking forward to the surgery. I didn't do a thing Saturday (I don't think I even left the house) or Sunday morning so I was feeling really good but we helped take down a basketball hoop that had rusted into the poles and move it for Nancy and afterwards I was feeling it again. I'll be very pleased to have more than twenty minutes in the morning without feeling like hell.

Special Thanks to DW: Glad you caught that mistake, I never would have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news! you had 617 on the list twice...you're actually at 618! - dw

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home