Saturday, August 06, 2005

08-06-2005

591) Shalako. Connery shouldn't make westerns or Hitchcock pictures. Cause this was good, other than him. Your the man now, dogg, indeed.

592) Oh! Susanna. Yeah, no one was named Susanna (or Suzanne or Sue or whatever), they were nowhere near Alabama or Louisiana, there wasn't a banjo to be seen, and no one was on a trip to see their true love. The only reason I can come up with for the title is that the indians in this were Sioux. Still, a western is a western.

593) Follow Me Boys. Ah, the good old days. When you could name a fat kid "Beefy" and get away with it.

593 down, 407 to go.

Big plans, ruined by life. After Shalako was over the day held such bright promise of laying in bed all day and watching western after western after western until I remembered that I was out of Coke and the basic rudiments of food so I had to get up and showered and to the grocery store, at which point I remembered that I had promised to pick up Ol' Dirty Robin at the airport at 6 and then I hit a total funk and just went back to sleep for four hours and then goofed off the rest of the day, squeezing Oh! Susanna in before I left to pick up ODR. I went to Sarah's after I dropped her off and watched Follow Me Boys since she's been dying for me to see it. Apparently it's a big Jolley family favorite, and it was, in fact, very cute. So there is that.

12 more days til surgery. One for each disciple.

27 more days til Bama (and UAB) football. One for each year of life before the baptism of Christ.

35 more shopping days til my birthday. One for each proton in the nucleus of an atom of Bromine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never watched follow me boys, and I'm married to a Jolley girl! You should have taken my suggestions instead.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

I'd already seen your suggestions, though watching UHF would be great right about now.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Follow Me Boys, Follow Me....UGH, now I am singing that song! But seriously, your comment did make me laugh out loud on that one - Ahhhh, the good old days :)
Leslie

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home