Thursday, August 11, 2005

08-11-2005

605) The Bad Sleep Well. So I bought this Kurosawa Box Set off Ebay and this was the first one out. I've always seen sets like this but I've been a little anxious to ever actually bid on them because, you know, what if it's crap? But I asked Sarah if she ever bought any "Special Asian Collector's Edition" stuff while she was over there and she said no, but that everyone else did and never had any problems with them so I decided to bite the bullet and get this one and if it worked out, I'd maybe try for something else. Cause you gotta admit, all 9 seasons of the X-Files for $20 is a pretty damn good deal. Anyway, I was a little dissapointed in this one, but only because the translation wasn't all that great. I get the feeling that they were literal translations instead of accomodating for the difference in grammar and structure between Japanese and English, so some of the conversations were kind of confusing. After about 20 minutes I kind of got the hang of it and could follow along, but there were still times when I really had no idea what they were talking about. I also kept falling asleep since I didn't sleep well last night so it took awhile to watch it. On the whole it was pretty good though. I've only seen five of the twenty four in the set so they should last me for a little while. Also, once I'm through I think there will only be three more Kurosawa's I haven't seen so I can strike him off along with Hitchcock.

606) Drunken Angel. The translation on this one was much better. Good character drama, but the doctor kept getting mad and throwing things at people and it was cracking me up.

606 down, 394 to go.

7 more days til surgery. I can't believe how miserable I've become over the last few weeks. I've had pain in my knees for a few years now but it's always been tolerable unless I've really put a strain on them, and then even then a few Advil and ice and I'm good to go again after 30 minutes. Even a few weeks ago when it got to the point I couldn't put weight on it anymore without pain it was only when I was putting pressure on it that it hurt. But now it's just miserable. It's throbbing constantly, I can't get comfortable, walking is rough, pushing up while going upstairs is murder and coming down is painful AND nerve wracking since every step I feel like it's going to go out and I'll break my neck falling down the stairs. It's just unbelievable how quickly it's deteriorated over the course of a few weeks. Seven more days, I can't freaking wait.

22 more days til Bama (and UAB) football. I've been looking it over and on paper UAB could totally whip UT. Giddy.

30 more shopping days til my birthday. Come on, robot wife...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home