Sunday, May 08, 2005

05-08-2005

351) After the Sunset. If our neighbors were as hot as Salma Hayek they could be as noisy as they want and I wouldn't say a word.

352) Blade. I just went and did the whole Blockbuster movie pass thing so that I can go and get whatever movie I want instead of dealing with the capricious nature of Netflix and the US Postal service, and these two were my first selection. This guy thinks he stuck it to the man with 30 rentals in one month, so I'm aiming for sixty. It's actually a pretty good deal even if the selection isn't near as good as Netflix's. But at least I'll be spending a lot of time with mindless and predictable violence for the next month. Anyway, it's kind of sad seeing the writer of country music's saddest song "acting" in something so silly, but over all it was decent. I'll watch the other two this week.

353) Hotel Rwanda. Maybe if those stupid fucking Europeans spent more time dealing with the awful and VERY REAL consequences of their colonialist misadventures in Africa instead of bitching about the evils of American cultural imperialism (cause really, nothing strikes terror into the hearts of men more than the sight of little African girls with hoola-hoops) shit like this wouldn't happen.

354) Cellular. Remember that part in The Commitments where Joey is practicing with Dean and he's like "Did you do what I told you?" and Dean's like "Picture the reed as a nipple? Yeah, but I'm a little embarrassed, she lives on my street" and Joey's like "Then pick someone else" and Dean's like "How about Kim Basinger?" and Joey's like "Is she...?" and Dean's like "Oh yeah...." and then Joey's like "Well pick a nipple and we'll try again"? Remember that? Cause that part cracks me up every time. I love The Commitments.

355) Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. Yeah, I would imagine after eight weeks Bridget's charmingly high maintenanced insecurities would start to run to the annoying.

355 down, 645 to go.

Okay, how do people watch Extreme Home Makeover? I damn near cry over the scenes from next week before Desperate Housewives comes on so I don't think I could actually watch the whole thing. And speaking of Desperate Housewives, why no green for Bree?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home