Sunday, May 01, 2005

04-30-2005

332) Along Came Jones. The western-comedy has to be the greatest genre ever.

333) Ride the Pink Horse. Despite the silly title, this was a pretty tough noir picture. Montgomery did an excellent job behind the camera. Plus, one more off the list.

334) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I've been so excited about this. I bought a gigantic volume of all the books when I was maybe ten at a B. Dalton in New Orleans for like 5 bucks, and it sat on my shelf until my senior year of high school when I decided I'd rather read it than pay attention in English class. All the Homewood kids who had Bolla should know just how easy that was. She would call on me and I'd keep reminding her I wasn't reading what the class was reading and she's always be like "Oh, that's right! How's your book?" and I'd always say "It's pretty good so far" and she's be all "Well I'll try to remember not to interupt!" and go on with class. Of course, this is also the class where I walked in, threw my bookbag in the middle of the classroom floor, and used it for a pillow as I slept through the entire hour, periodically waking to look at the clock and see how much longer I had. Those were the days. Anyway, I was pretty disappointed with the film version. There was a lot left out (like why a towel is so important, which is major) that I'm sure had people who hadn't read the book confused as hell, and a lot of the subtle humor of the text just doesn't translate to a movie so it wound up not being nearly as funny. Plus, Rockwell took Zaphod from a Groucho Marxian brilliance to an annoying used car salesman schtick and Mos Def just kind of stood around and said things on cue as opposed to acting like Ford. Freeman was okay I guess and Zooey whatever her last name is was definetely a great choice for Trillian, but other than that there isn't a lot of positive things I can say. I'm very upset...

335) The Last Boy Scout. After the Hitchhiker's let down it was nice to relax with some good old fashioned mind numbingly bad violence.

335 down, 665 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home