Monday, April 11, 2005

04-10-2005

282) Taking Lives. I bet Ethan Hawke is a total prick in real life. Anyway, I can imagine the pitch meeting for this; "Imagine Seven with less clever scripting and good acting, but more predictable twists AND Jolie's boobs and you've got it!"

283) Gothika. I should have known better. Robert Downey, Jr. is a waste of air and if I ever meet him I'm pretty sure I'll get to fullfill my life long dream of punching a celebrity right in the face. Two crappers in a row and I'm really starting to think this whole thing is probably the stupidest idea I've ever had.

284) French Kiss. Oh Meg, look how cute you used to be. Now you're just that dirty girl with the stink of Russell Crowe. Tsk tsk.

285) Ed Wood. As much as I don't really care for Depp, I can definetely say he has been wise with his choice of roles because I've wound up seeing most of his movies and usually enjoyed them. The theater reviewer in the beginning was right, too. Sarah Jessica Parker does, in fact, have a face like a horse. Anyway, despite SJP's hideous presence this was absolutely brilliant. I will own it.

286) And the Ship Sails On. I guess it was allright, but I think Fellini's social commentary is much more effective when framed in a more personal and intimate story. I got the broad allegorical groupings, but they just didn't work for me. So whatever.

286 down, 712 to go.

Bree, we need to talk. I love you. I just thought you should know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home