Tuesday, March 22, 2005

03-22-2005

230) A Midsummer Night's Dream. I had the same English teacher in 7th and 9th grade, which sucked because I hated her. She was completely obsessed with Shakespeare to the point that there was constant joking that she probably made her husband wear a Shakespeare mask to bed. At the time I was mad that we had to read so much of his work, but .ater on I realized I really only hated Shakespeare because of the association with her and started to enjoy his plays, thanks mostly to Orson Welles. This was a pretty lightweight adaptation. Pfeiffer should stay away from Shakespearian dialogue, or at least read them in a manner more suited to a professional actress than a daytime soap star, but most everyone else played their parts well. Tucci was especially good as Puck, and the scene where he steals Lisander's bicycle is hysterical. It was nice to look at and fun to watch, so I'm okay with it.

231) Delicatessen. Dude, what a weird movie. I have no idea what to think. I mean, I enjoyed watching it, but it was just so WEIRD.

231 down, 769 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home