Sunday, March 13, 2005

03-13-05

191) Night Passage. Jimmy Stewart always seems laughable to me as a tough guy, but when you mix in an accordion? Oh the potential! This was pretty lame, but I'll remember that accordion til the day I die.

192) Frankie and Johnny. Does this movie have both Elvis and Ellie Mae? Yep. Does that make it an automatic winner? Yep.

193) The Lost Weekend. or Robin's birthday party. ZING! Okay, that was mean. I half-heartedly apologize. Anyway, this was certainly a depressing movie about a depressing person and even if the performances were great and there were some really powerful moments it's still hard to watch.

194) The 49th Parallel. Leave it to the Canadians to turn what should have been an interesting war/suspense picture dull. Olivier's EXCELLENT French-Canadian accent is about the only thing worth recommending about the whole thing.

195) The Bedford Incident. There was so much HOT COLD WAR POLITICAL THRILLER ACTION in this that it's two hours seemed like five days and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I can't imagine going to the theater for this movie. How do you advertise something like this? You'll thrill to the standing around and talking! You'll chill to the constant lack of action! I am totally crapping out with the war pictures this afternoon.

196) Highwaymen. Weirdest. Movie. Ever. Sarah rented this because of Jesus and I guess it was well directed and all but it was just WEIRD.

197) Dark Passage. BLAH. Though I just realized that I watched Night Passage first this morning and finish the day off with Dark Passage so thats kind of a funny coincidence.

197 down, 803 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home