Sunday, March 20, 2005

03-19-2005

217) The Violent Men. If it's 9 AM on a Saturday morning, I'm watching a western. I love TCM.

218) In a Lonely Place. Bogey was awesome in this. Great movie.

219) Kwaidan. So I bought this in New York the first time I went to visit Van (Van, what's the name of that crazy store you took us to? Is it Kim's? Cause that's where I got it.) and have never made it past the first 10 minutes. It sounded really good at the time (Adapted from traditional Japanese ghost stories...Kwaidan features four nightmarish tales in which terror thrives and demons lurk.), but either you have to be Japanese to get it or the Japanese are the most easily scared people on the face of the Earth. The first one just didn't make sense, the Snow Woman one was just dumb and kind of weird, the blind guy one was the only one that even made sense was interesting but it didn't really have much of a point and the one about the tea was just dumb. I'll admit that maybe this would have meant more if I were Japanese and had grown up hearing about these myths or whatever, but from my American point of view...BLAH.

220) To Have and Have Not. More Bogie. More awesome. I went to Sam's this morning and they had these three packs of DVDs for $25 and one of them was a Bogart collection that had this, Key Largo and The Big Sleep and I almost bought it but I watched Key Largo earlier this year and I've already seen The Big Sleep so I changed my mind. I kind of wish I had cause all three are awesome, but I'll get them later.

221) The Ring Two. Naomi, hey...Yeah, good to see you too...How's things?...Good, good...Yeah, well I kind of figured we would...Oh, just doing that 1000 movies thing, otherwise I would have probably stayed away...Yeah, well, I mean we're both adults and obviously we tend to wind up in the same places...Yeah, totally...But you look great, really, WOW...NO, I'm not just saying that, you know how gorgeous I think you are...and I like your sweater!...No problem...Yeah, definetely, that would be great, we should really catch up...Yeah, call me, or I'm sure we'll probably be just bumping into each other again...Yeah, it was so great seeing you too...Okay, be good...bye...What's that?...No, tomorrow's not good...Yeah, I'm really busy with this whole 1000 movies thing...I just don't know when would be good...Yeah, I'm kind of behind right now so I really need to concentrate for the next few weeks and try to get back ahead...Oh, totally, I'll let you know as soon as I have some free time...It's a date...Well, not a date date, but, you know...Yeah, yeah, well, I should really go...Yeah...Okay, well drive careful...You too...Bye...

221 down, 779 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home