Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So I forgot that the Steelers were on MNF last night when I said “I’ll update tonight,” ‘cause I’m a bonehead. Anyway, here’s a few thoughts until tonight where I dissect the terrifying lows, dizzying highs, and creamy middles of being a Blazers fan:

- Why was Roethlisberger out there last night? Anyone watching that game knew he wasn’t ready to play, and for him to continue on while being completely ineffective was selfish on his part and stupid on Cowher’s. Batch looked good against Miami (though seriously, who isn’t going to look good against Miami?) so why wasn’t he starting against Jacksonville? I know he wants to play and get back out there as soon as possible, but the Jaguars aren’t a division foe and this leaves him either too hurt to play at all or too hurt to be effective if he does against Cincinnati on Sunday. Great.

- Pick ‘em results: Those four ill-advised upset picks in Week 1 are coming back to haunt me. In Week 2 I went 11 for 12 by taking Penn State over Notre Dame and in Week 3 I went 10 for 12 by taking Notre Dame over Michigan and LSU over Auburn. I could have sworn I went back and changed my pick to Auburn after realizing the game wasn’t in Baton Rouge like I had previously thought, but I guess I didn’t. As for Notre Dame, they can seriously kiss my ass. After watching their pillaging of Penn State I started to drink ESPN's Irish Kool Aid and began to revise my “there’s no way they top ten wins this season” stance, but now I’m taking Sparty to win in a shootout this weekend. I hope you jerks lose to Navy (who, by the way, I seriously like to win at least 8, probably 9, in the regular season. More on that later.).


That Irish Kool Aid ain't half bad...

As for this week’s picks (my selections in bold):

Auburn vs Buffalo: Duh

Florida State vs Rice: Again, duh, but I imagine FSU is going to do the same thing they did last year…drop a couple of games they shouldn’t and yet somehow win the ACC.

Florida vs Kentucky: It’s déjà vu all over again…

Georgia vs Colorado: Seriously, how funny would it be if Dan Hawkins dropped every game this year? Offensive revolution indeed…

East Carolina vs West Virginia: I don’t know...ECU did manage to shut down the UAB rushing attack…WVa could be in for tough times...I’m totally being sarcastic right now…If you couldn’t tell…

Ohio State vs Penn State: Penn State can also kiss my ass…

Texas vs Iowa State: You know, I tend to forget that Iowa State even exists sometimes.

Illinois vs Iowa: There’s not much chance on getting Zooked here, but this is the game I’m most nervous about.

Kansas State vs Louisville: I hate Louisville…

Arkansas vs Alabama: It’s déjà vu all over again…

Arizona vs USC: I hate USC…

LSU vs Tulane: If Mississippi State can score on Tulane then LSU definitely can.

Michigan State vs Notre Dame: See above

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home