Friday, June 23, 2006

Times when I love Rock 99.5:

- When I realize it's Twofer Tuesday in the middle of a Skynyrd song, and I cross my fingers and hope and pray and wish real hard that the second song will be Freebird, and it so is.

- When afternoon DJ Lori Ray announces that my most mortal of enemies Tony Kurre will be hosting the "Tone the Bone Show" live from Sammy's and that we should all go by to say hi in a disgusted but wearily resigned tone.

- Whenever they play something totally random like "All the Young Dudes."

Times when I hate Rock 99.5:

- Any time Tony Kurre (my most mortal of enemies) is on.

- Any time they play the Dylan version of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and immediately follow it with the GnR version (or the McCartney "Live and Let Die," immediately followed by the GnR version).

- When they give away tickets to a show I was trying to win because some doofus kinda sorta got the answer right. Example: The guy that won tickets to see Gov't Mule by calling in and saying the Allman Brothers instrumental they just played is called "The Ballad of Elizabeth Reed." THE NAME OF THE SONG IS IN MEMORY OF ELIZABETH REED! IN MEEEEEMOOORYYY!!!!!

- When they promise a block of Allman Brothers and it winds up including Revival and the Gregg Allman solo "hit" "I'm No Angel." So you'll steal my diamonds, but you'll bring me back some gold? Thanks Gregg, why not take my Escalade and bring me back a Suburban while you're at it? Jackass...

2 Comments:

Blogger Yost said...

Funny stuff, TJ. I don't even know the stuff but you had me laughing.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

When I was living in Columbia the guy on the radio said the proper response when Freebird comes on is too pull off to the side of the road and enjoy the song in all its glory.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home