Thursday, January 19, 2006

Would you look at that? We are the weiners!

So I kind of forgot about keeping ya'll updated on the whole UAB dynasty cause I wound up sitting and finishing off the rest of my schedule and then the post-season in one night. To sum up, UTEP (twice!) + ECU = the suxorz, and Michigan really shouldn't have gone for two while mounting their furious second half rally in the Rose Bowl. End result: UAB gets it's first national title and both Notre Dame and Oklahoma came a calling, only to be turned down for my fat (phat?) 6 year contract extension. Of course now I'm stuck with a couple of loser QBs that can't throw more than 3 yards since Hackney graduated and my second season as HC could have gone down the tubes at Middle Tennessee State if I hadn't molded these Blazers into the graven image of a Stallings-era Tide and gotten the go ahead score on an interception return.















Starting next week we're punting on every first down to get the D back on!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

You know, there's actually a story of the Bear punting on second down a few times to get the D back on and win the field position battle. People were wondering what the fuck was going on. Turns out, it won the game.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

hell, he'd call a quick kick on first down in a heartbeat if he thought he'd pin the other team back behind their own ten.

on another note, i subbed in my 3rd stringer last night and turns out he can throw the deep ball pretty well, so hopefully i can manage to end the season with my starting half back still able to walk.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Now that's how you play REAL football!

9:48 AM  
Blogger breadchick said...

I always liked Gene Stallings. 'course being a gal from the Big Ten (The Big House) means Defense, Defense, Defense..we don't need no stinkin' offense.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home