Sunday, January 15, 2006

Where we're going, we don't need roads.

It's been an interesting weekend. Friday after work I headed out for Atlanta. Robin lives there and I haven't actually been to visit her for several years (though she's been over here many times) and now that I am in a position to stray outside of a two mile radius of my TV I felt it was time to take a little road trip. I actually used to spend quite a bit of time over there. All throughout college it was nothing for me and Lee or Old Dirty Chris to load up and hit a show at the Variety two or three times in one week, and once Lee and I were out of the hippie jam band phase and ODC was off to God know's where I still wound up there a lot just for fun. MWOAEG and I spent a long weekend at the Atlanta Hyatt because she was always pissed that I would never take time off of work to go anywhere. It actually was a pretty fun weekend with a quick side trip to Athens thrown in for good measure. After we broke up I wound up over there a lot hanging out with Robin and she introduced me to places like Dad's Garage. So I told her I'd be there this weekend and we were going to enjoy some good improv and maybe eat at the Mashed Potatoes place, except it's closed, so that kind of sucked. Anyway, I met up with the inimitable Orson Swindle of Every Day Should Be Saturday fame, another Atlanta local, for a little while friday night before we headed over to Dad's and we got to talking about the future of our respective blogs. In his case, what do you do with a college football blog during the offseason? He and Stranko are funny and clever enough to come up with plenty of gags, and there's always recruiting 'til February and then tidbits from spring practice and the usual extra-curricular shenanigans that football players always get up to, so even if they post only lightly there's still plenty to be done. I, on the other hand, really have no reason to continue on. I started this thing to keep track of the movies I had watched and because Donna told me to. I really had no clue that beyond her and Robin and a handful of others that anyone would actually be reading this thing, or that I would actually enjoy blogging, but here we are. I know that I'm going to continue on blogging. As much as I feel like Kip saying this, it would feel weird not talking to my internet friends (oh sweet mercy, I thought I had escaped my dorkdom freshman year...) through the comments and what not. Also, how else would I be able to swap recipes with people all over the country? Also, why am I so gay? But anyway, I really don't know if I am going to stick with this blog or start another one, or what I'm going to do with either decision. Don would be very happy if the defunct Bus Monkey! were to make a triumphant return, and that would be fun, but the comedic stylings of Vintage Toddtm are long since past and I'd rather just hold on to the memories. I'm pretty sure I'll wound up going the Southerngent route, posting movie/cd/book reviews and what not. Now that I have the time I'll be able to do a little more of an in depth analysis than "Western=Good" or "Ryan Adams is a douche." Plus, there's always the recipes! So sit back, and we'll see what happens. Until then, here's a picture of Jessica Alba:



















I teach hip hop at the center!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Seriously, don't you feel weird talking about your "internet friends". If I an at all avoid it, I don't tell people that ya'll are internet friends. I just say friends and hope I never have to elaborate. More than once I have used "imaginary friends" because somehow I feel like that's less embarassing.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

yeah, i always say "friends" as much as i can without having to add "from the internet."

9:45 PM  
Blogger breadchick said...

I'm glad you are going to stick with blogging Todd, even if you start a new one. I enjoy your posts and your recipe swap. Oh, and like Nicole, I use "friends" as well and eternally being in my Dork phase (the curse I guess of being an engineer), I don't even flinch saying "blogging friend".

Take care

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still pissed I'm having server issues. The Southern Gent should be up & running later today.

Jessica Alba is so hot it's almost retarted...almost.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

plus, she teaches hip hop at the center! that's my favoritest line from anything i saw last year. which is kind of sad.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) That movie sucked so bad. My brother's wife wanted to watch it one time, so we kind of all got stuck with watching. On Saturdays, during the MLS season, we'd always go to my brother's house for the games. There was about a two hour gap between games, so we all watched it.

2) My site is back up!

I might have to post some Jessica Alba to celebrate.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home