Sunday, December 04, 2005

12-04-2005

898) The Phantom. A few years ago I decided I'd read the "serious" comics in the paper for a week to see if I could figure out why anyone ever did. I wound up actually sticking with both Rex Morgan, M.D. (after all, he's got the cure for the daily blues) and The Phantom, which is why I decided to give this a shot. They captured the feel of the strip pretty well, but at the same time I had to wonder why they would. It's not like kids would be lining up around the block to see this like they would Spiderman or Batman. So yeah, I liked it, but I also think that making it was a bad idea.

899) The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid. Duvall as Jesse James = Good.

900) Ride, Ranger, Ride. Gene Autry = Good.

901) The Lonely Guy. So all I have to do is write a book?

902) Shark Tale. You know that part in Crash when the producer is telling Terence Howard that the characters "need to be more black?" I think that guy worked on this movie...

903) Held Up. Beyond stupid.

904) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2. It's just not in me to criticize Cousin Eddie...

905) The Curse of the Cat People. In January I watched Cat People, and now in December I'm watching the sequel. All thanks to TCM!

905 down, 95 to go.

- DAMN IT.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Todd, here's to west Michigan cheering you on down the stretch!

can i put in a request for you to watch 'Strange Brew' starring Rick Moranis (if you haven't already watched it this year.) haha.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

davis - thanks for the support. unfortunately strange brew was an early teen favorite so it's off limits for the year.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home