Sunday, September 25, 2005

Naturally

Why am I not surprised that a game featuring both T.O. and Randy Moss is keeping me from watching the Steelers/Patriots game?

Update: Eagles finally kick a field goal for the win and CBS switches to Pittsburgh...only to have the local affiliate break in every two minutes with a tornado warning update for west Alabama. Sigh.

Update: Thanks CBS. I miss the Patriots turnover but you got me back in time to see Randle El try a lateral to Ward and then we turn it over. Sure am glad I got to see that one!

Update: I think Roethlisberger might have just kicked a punt, but I'm not sure. The screen that CBS has so thoughtfully provided in the bottom right corner is so small that you can't make out anything that's going on, which is a shame because from what I can make out I'm missing a hell of a game. So screw it, I'm watching Rebel Without a Cause instead, cause this is just too damn frustrating.

Update: You know what's more frustrating than watching your team blow it? TRYING TO WATCH YOUR TEAM BLOW IT WHILE SARAH "I'M A MISERABLE FUCKING WHORE THAT CAN'T KEEP MY BIG FAT UGLY MOUTH SHUT ABOUT THE DAMN WEATHER" BLACK CONSTANTLY BREAKS IN AT THE MOST DRAMATIC MOMENTS OF THE GAME! IS IT 4TH AND 11 WITH LESS THAN 2 MINUTES AND THE STEELERS ARE ON THE VERGE OF TYING? WHY YES, YES IT IS! THAT SEEMS LIKE A GOOD TIME TO BREAK IN AND CARRY ON AND ON AND REPEAT YOURSELF AT LEAST THREE TIMES WHILE EVERYONE TRYING TO WATCH THE GAME IS CROUCHED IN FRONT OF THEIR TV TRYING TO MAKE OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE LITTLE BOX YOU'VE LEFT FOR VIEWING AND THAT'S HOW WE GET TO SEE OUR TEAM LOSE?!!? BITCH!

Update: After Desperate Housewives I'm a little calmer about the situation. From what little I got to see the Steelers looked craptacular on offense. The few big gains they had were inevitably overshadowed by procedural screw ups and poor play calling. I know the Patriots are good, but the defense had Brady rattled early and had two red zone take aways to keep the Steelers in the lead. This should have been a win, especially since the Patriots weren't really looking all that hot either. If we had been able to run up a score like last season New England would have been dead in the water. As it is, we shot ourselves in the foot and threw it away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home