Thursday, September 29, 2005

09-29-2005

752) The Devil's Rejects. Vile is the only word capable of describing House of 1000 Corpses so I never was interested in seeing this. Then I heard it was much better, and like an idiot I decided I'd give it a shot. They were right on at least one count. Unlike House, this one had a coherent plot and clearly defined 1st, 2nd, and 3rd acts, whereas House was nothing more than a jumble of what I presume are Zombie's favorite moments from 70's slasher pictures with a lot of arty pretension thrown in to distract you and a poor excuse for a plotline that falls apart after 15 minutes trying to hold it all together. And then he had to go and drag Skynyrd into it. The soundtrack was way too good for this movie and not all the songs made it to the CD either. There's at least one more James Gang tune and I'm pretty sure I heard Muddy Waters doing I Can't Be Satisfied at one point. There was also another old delta blues at the beginning but I forget what it was now. Anyway, my point is that Zombie actually learned a little something about structure in storytelling and even about less is more directing, but the movie is still suck ass awful. The dialogue was crap and the acting was worse. Seriously, there are levels of profanity in a movie and this one crossed into the ridiculous. I don't want to be a prude here, because Lord knows I curse at least one blue streak every hour of the day, but at some point it's just uncalled for. It gives off a childish vibe, really, all "I'm going to drop as many f bombs as possible because my parents aren't around and no one can stop me!" It's was just ludicrous.

752 down, 248 to go.

- Only one tonight, damn it. It was a looong day at work so I came home and showered and took a nap before The OC. And yes, I totally called it, Taylor and the Dean of Discipline are hooking up. You heard it here first. Also, I'm kind of digging on Taylor a little. She's got that uptight preppy thing going for that I like. Too bad she has the bad sense to fool around with the Dean of Discipline. I'm seriously going to turn into one of those old ladies that can't tell the difference between TV and reality anymore and thinks the actors in soap operas really are their characters and wind up punching that guy if I ever see him in real life. What a douche. My other prediction, that Jeri Ryan is yet another of Caleb's illegitimate daughters, was off though.

- After The OC I started watching Dying Young but Charity, bless her, managed to get on The Nick Nice Show as a guest DJ. She's such a loser. So everytime they would start playing music (if you can't tell from the website, not my kind of tunes) I'd turn the TV back on and didn't really make a lot of headway before I went and met her at the theater for The Devil's Rejects. They are supposed to be putting up a picture of her on the website tomorrow, so we'll see how that turns out.

- I haven't been to the grocery store in two weeks so the cupboards are looking pretty bare at the moment. Won't someone please go to the store for me? I've developed a completely irrational hatred of grocery stores lately and am dreading the thought of having to go tomorrow but I'm out of Coke and Sweet Tea and you can't expect me to drink water. That's simply unheard of. I don't know why I fear the grocery store now, but I can sense the other shoppers and cashiers silently judging each of my purchases and finding them lacking. I swear this one woman followed me down ever single aisle last time I was at Publix and examined each item I picked up after I moved along but didn't get anything I did. I even doubled back a few aisles a couple of times to shake her but everytime I turned around she was there. I'm going to be a shut in when I'm old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home