Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Well my name's Bocephus, I drink whiskey by the gallon...

...and I never back down and I love a good challenge...

- 95 days to watch 251 movies. Even with the football and the return of my programs I'm going to make it. Sweet mercy, I'm going to make it! Who's a rock star? I am.

- Yesterday some boneheaded tree cutter severed one of Bellsouth's cables (you know, the kind thicker than an elephants leg with a billion fiber optic cables in it?) so several blocks of downtown Birmingham were without phone service all day. Naturally we were included in that area, so I had to run home to use my internet to download some artwork people had been e-mailing and that's the time that the phone company decided to offer to forward our calls to a cell phone. Who's phone number did they give them? Take a wild guess. So I was sitting at my apartment and my phone rings and I don't recognize the number so I pick up and this old man on the other end is like "is this Jones Sportswear?" and I'm like "sort of..." and he's all "You're phones have been screwed up all morning, I've been trying to get through..." and proceeds to give me an earful about some bad emulsion we sent him (which, I'm willing to concede that sensitizer does go bad from time to time, but it sounded more like he just mixed the stuff wrong and didn't want to admit it. So screw you old man.) and the whole time I'm like "how the hell did he get this number" and then someone else starts beeping in and so I pick that up and it's someone else needing to speak to someone in sales and then someone else starts beeping in and my voicemail alert is going nuts so I'm running out of the house trying to talk to two different people and take messages and explain that the phones at the office are down and calls are being forwarded to this number but I'm not actually in the office, I'll be there in ten minutes, blah blah blah, and flying down Red Mountain Expressway at 90 MPH trying to get back to the office while taking messages and generally being a menace to the motoring world. Good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1) 2.6 movies a day! You can do it. Want any recommendations?

2) Call forwarding seems like a good idea on paper and then it's used for evil.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

1) hell yeah i can do it! i've been really freaking out cause i haven't been getting in my usual 8-10 on the weekends because of football, but so long as i'm getting 2-3 a night i'm gold, jerry! gold! yeah, recommend away. i was down with all the real girls so if i haven't seen it and it sounds good i'll give it a shot.

2)it wouldn't have been bad if someone had let me know they were going to do it so i could have left my phone at work instead of taking it home with me. that's where it got sticky.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

recommendation...

True Stories -- fake documentary from the Talking Heads David Byrne about the 250th birthday of the State of Texas. Best moments John Goodman singing People Like Us as a country music song, and the trilateral commission conspiracy scene in church.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092117/

9:40 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

thanks for the rec, but unfortunately i've seen that. good movie though, i'd like to watch it again. i'm more excited about the coming end of the year so i can watch the movies i haven't gotten to see in a year than the sense of achievement. lost in translation, i'm coming home to you.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home