Wednesday, August 24, 2005

08-23-2005

646) Deep Cover. Even though this was a serious crime drama (and a well done one at that), Goldblum got off some pretty good one liners. "A man has only two things in this life. His word and his balls. Or is that three things?" Excellent.

647) Utah Blaine. You want to talk about tough western scripting? Check out these gems:

"How'd you get out of that Mexican jail, Utah?"
"I told them I wanted to kill you and they let me go."

and

"I ain't never hung a woman before, but I don't guess it takes any different kind of a rope."

That's right up there with "Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms." Too bad this isn't on DVD, it's a classic.

648) Rock Island Trail. Not nearly as catchy as the Rock Island Line, but the chicks were hot.

648 down, 352 to go.

I slept all freaking day long. This is seriously getting ridiculous. Let me run down my day for you:
8:30 AM - Wake up, think really hard about getting up and taking some pain pills and getting an ice pack cause, you know, PAIN. Convince myself that I had done so, only to realize I was dreaming. Decide going back to sleep would be a better idea. Go back to sleep.

9:30 AM - Wake up from PAIN and decide sleeping isn't going to help anymore. Take pain pill, apply ice, watch Deep Cover.

11:30 AM - Get new ice pack, take nap.

2:30 PM - Wake up, start watching Utah Blaine.

3:00 PM - Take nap.

3:45 PM - Wake up, goof off on the internet, watch more Utah Blaine, take nap.

4:30 PM - Wake up, watch more of Utah Blaine. Sarah calls and wants to know if I want to get out of the house for a little while. I say yes, but only if she'll take me to Best Buy to purchase Once and Again - The Complete Second Season.

5:00 PM - Take nap.

6:45 PM - Wake up, call Sarah, finish Utah Blaine, start Rock Island Trail. Van calls, says Zakk Wylde lives near him and drives a convertible Camero. Jealousy.

7:45 PM - Go to Best Buy and the thread store to buy yarn.

9:00 PM - Watch two episodes of Once and Again, which is one more than I had planned. Silently yearn for Sela Ward. Get Sarah addicted.

10:45 PM - Start watching Rock Island Trail again.

12:00 AM - Finish Rock Island Trail, update, go to bed.

Somewhere in there (about 1ish I think, they woke me up and when they left I went right back to sleep) Windy and Diane came over and brought me Jake's Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 3 which contains my favorite episode (Sadness is for poor people!) so I made them watch it and they thought it was stupid, but at least now Diane knows why Matt has nightmares about a Devil Fry Man chasing him around his room.

That normally sounds like a great day (I'm living the dream, Jerry! Eating cheese right off the block!), but I'm not getting any good movie watching done and it's totally pissing me off. I should have had at least five today but I'm lucky to have squeezed in three. Tomorrow I should run out of the Lortab and switch to Darvicet (sp?) and maybe they won't knock me out and I can go on a good run of westerns. Also, only one episode of Once and Again per day! I let Sarah talk me into watching a second one tonight, but I really have to space them out in case it takes ABC another three years to release the next season and because I would literally watch the entire season tonight. Season Three is the only one that I really saw on TV since they came on friday nights when I actually had a life and wasn't sitting at home watching womanly melodrama (Oh Providence, how I miss you. And on that subject, how you gonna release The Providence Collection instead of whole seasons?!) so when Season One was released on DVD I hopped to and wound up sitting at home on friday nights watching them non-stop. Seriously, it was pathetic. I can't tell you how many times Lee would stumble in at 3 AM Saturday morning and I'd still be sitting on the couch watching episode after episode and he'd be all "You should have come out with us insert crazy story about drinking and sluts here. What have you been doing?" and I'd be all "Just watching this" and he'd be all "What is it?" and I'd be all "Once and Again" and he'd be all "Sela Ward?" and I'd be all "Hells yeah" and he'd be all "Sounds about right" and would then stumble off to bed while I stayed awake a few more hours because I just couldn't stop watching. I hate myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darvocet is good stuff....Dwight

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you are going to try and blame the darvocet, but you spelled possibly wrong! dumbass.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

it's supposed to be that way, it's a joke from the simpsons. pop-culturally ignorant dumbass.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home