Sunday, May 29, 2005

05-29-2005

404) Mystery, Alaska. Another one that I heard was good but that no one ever saw. Standard feel good underdog sports story, including the slow clap at the end. Okay.

405) Kingdom of Heaven. My knowledge of the Crusades is limited to what classes I didn't skip in my Western History survey classes (hint: not a whole hell of a lot), so I have no clue about historical accuracy. But as far as historical drama go, this was a good one.

406) Madagascar. Note to self: Sunday afternoon is THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME to go see a kid's movie.

407) The Longest Yard. I've unwittingly seen two movies with Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds today. Weird. Not as funny as the earlier Sandlers, but it was funny enough so I'm okay with it.

408) Who is Cletis Tout?. Like a very poor comic adaptation of The Usual Suspects, but it was decent enough.

409) Overboard. I bought this for my sister a few years ago for her birthday because she always talks about it and ever since then she has sworn she would let me borrow because it's SOOOO funny and I'll just love it and she finally did yesterday. It's also one of Jolley's favorite so we watched it tonight and it was, in fact, pretty darn funny.

410) Wicker Park. On the one hand I kind of enjoyed it, but on the other I was sorely dissapointed. The trailers all made it out to be a Vertigo like story of obsession and mistaken identity, and it played that way for the first half hour, but then it turned into a less psycho Single White Female and didn't really follow through on the initial tension. So whatever.

410 down, 590 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home