Tuesday, March 29, 2005

03-29-2005

250) Fulltime Killer. All the gunplay but none of the flare of John Woo's Hong Kong movies. Kind of lame and I saw the big twist ending coming from a mile away. Whatever.

251) Betty. Pretty engaging story. The synopsis makes it sound like some sort of profound undertaking concerning the Parisian middle class and its seemy underbelly but it's really just a character study of one woman's life. I liked the whole start at the end and work back to the beginning device and thought it worked really well for the situation.

251 down, 749 to go.

No longer dissapointed update:
After UPS left today I was standing in the big door in the warehouse checking some stuff in when the Traci Lords look-a-like from across the street came out to go to lunch. She backed her car out and it made this awful noise and I thought she had dragged her bumper on the pavement or something but she pulled back in and got out and yelled over to me "Did you hear that?" and I was like "Yeah, did you hit something?" and she's like "I don't think so." So I walked over and there were a couple of rings on the street covered in axle grease and it looked like they had fallen out of her car so I tried to get underneath it but it was so low to the ground I couldn't really get under but I felt where something was busted (probably something from her steering) and she was all freaked out and called her boyfriend/husband so I was all "damn it" but anyway, standing there talking to her I realized I could totally get past the whole looking like Traci Lords thing because she is now in the top 3 of the most beautiful women I've seen in real life. And she seemed really nice, so now I'm totally in love with her. Anyway, she had to have her car towed so she got all of her stuff out of it and when her boyfriend/husband came to pick her up, he totally didn't help her carry any of it! Jerk.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should see if, as the Eagles put it, she lives on the "cheatin' side of town."
Good luck, Van

9:20 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

yeah, if i ever start taking life lesson advice from the eagles you can shoot me. joe walsh's solo career though...

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe's solo career turned it's pretty head and walked away before he could even get out of the shadow of The James Gang

11:03 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

yeah, but his life was good to him.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home