Saturday, August 26, 2006

Update: Either no one knows or no one cares what songs those lyrics came from. Either way, the answers are below.

Ryan at The Highland Road Blog is naming his posts after lines from random songs and seeing who can guess what they come from. Apparently I'm the only one playing, but it's still a good idea, and it reminded me of a meme I saw a while back, so I tracked it down. Here we go:

Step 1: Put iTunes on shuffle.

Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 10 songs that play.

Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.

Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly and give them credit. You're all on the honor system not to just google the line.

1 - I could have reached out to you/But I felt like my hands were tied
(Nico, you should get this one, it's from an album you recommended awhile back)

Adrienne Young - My Sin is Pride

2 - White lace and promises/A kiss for luck and we're on our way

The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun

3 - I'm gonna hit the road, adios my friend/Go someplace and start all over again

The Allman Brothers Band - No One to Run With

4 - The day she went away/I made myself a promise/That I'd soon forget we'd ever met

Elvis Presley - I Forgot to Remember to Forget

5 - He was turned to steel/In the great magnetic field

Black Sabbath - Iron Man

6 - Her perfume lingers where she once lay her head/And I can almost taste the teardrops that she shed

Conway Twitty - Baby's Gone

7 - Sounds like a field being painted in the delta sun

The Jayhawks - Miss Williams' Guitar

8 - Laugh and sing, but while we're apart don't give your heart to anyone

The Drifters - Save the Last Dance for Me

9 - Could you believe who we knew was stress or strain?

Nirvana - Blew

10 - Well, she would if she could, and she'd be good if she would

Aerosmith - S.O.S. (Too Bad)

1 Comments:

Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

I don't know if the lack of comments speaks to your musical tastes or ours. In my case, it prolly speaks to me more than you.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home