Friday, August 18, 2006

Driving home from work I realized that the disc changer in my car is bizarrely out of tune with my typical musical preferences lately. Here's a quick look see:

1) Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
2) Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions (Disc 2)
3) Silversun Pickups - Pikul
4) The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
5) An indie rock mix that I made for The Girl, and which is also the greatest of all mix tapes ever and the reason I made a copy for myself and still listen to it. Download it here (65 MB zip file at yousendit), and find out for yourself.
6) A Merle Haggard mix that I made for The Girl after we saw him and Dylan. It's basically greatest hits plus some stuff from Same Train, A Different Time and A Tribute to the Best Damn Fiddle Player in the World.
7) An Ol' Dirty Bastard mix.
8) Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
9) The Grey Album
10) A rap mix that The Girl made me featuring a bunch of dirty, perverted songs designed to make me blush. To put it another way, The Whisper Song is the cleanest one on there.

Merle and Zeppelin aside, I suddenly feel a strange urge to lose 80 lbs and start wearing girl jeans...

In other music related news, in celebration of Billy Corgan reportedly entering the studio with a batch of songs intended for a new Pumpkins album:



Hopefully at least Iha gets on board (it would be nice to have D'arcy for a full on reunion but if not, eh), but even without him if we can at least get another Zwan quality record instead of an Adore redux I'll be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home