Thursday, January 12, 2006

01-12-2006

- Best: The Weather Man. Cage has really become one of my favorite actors lately. His whole "action star" phase was kind of lame, but in stuff like this, Lord of War, and Leaving Las Vegas he really shows his ability to completely inhabit a character. This was one of those "so pathetic you can't help but feel for the guy, even though he's kind of a douche and brings it all on himself" character study movies, and I enjoyed it immensely. I'm not sure if I'd want to watch it a lot, it's kind of a downer at times, but it had a lot going for it.

- Favorite: The Ladies Man. OMG! ROTFLMAO! One of the few SNL skit movies that actually panned out. I think I'll go to Best Buy tonight and pick this up.

- Worst: The Shining. Yeah, I get the whole "King is more concerned with external evil while Kubrick chose to play more towards the evil inside of men" angle, but it was just boring beyond belief. I really, really wish I hadn't watched it.

- Italian children discover what their American counterparts have known for decades: Soccer is no match for grown men in costumes throwing chairs at each other! Curse the Americans and their cultural imperialism!

- I've always thought that drowning would be the worst way to go, but giant birds piercing your skull and then hovering above you while you die might just top it.

- Awesome AP Headline: Clinton Strikes Deal for AIDS Drugs. I knew all that womanizing would catch up to him eventually.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ladies' Man is about the funniest shit ever put on film.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

And infinitely quotable. About once every two days I find myself saying "Yeah, uh, we could take my car, but, um, it doesn't exist."

Classic

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home