Sunday, January 08, 2006

UAB 49, Marshall 35

- It's like the machine knew there was supposed to be a special teams meltdown at this point! TWO blocked punts, giving up a 99 yard kick off return touchdown...it was like watching the real game. Except this time we win, bitches!

- After the American Eagle admission, I might as well quit trying to hide my metrosexuality and admit to loving to cook, too. Sarah came over after work to watch Desperate Housewives (seriously, what is wrong with me?) so I decided I'd cook dinner, and since breadchick and all 'em are all about the posting recipes of what they cook I might as well do the same. Why am I such a girl?

Pan-Cooked Chuck Eye Beef Steak with Herbed Horseradish Sauce

2 (3/4 to 1 inch thick) boneless beef chuck eye steaks
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup beef broth
1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature

Brush steaks with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a medium size, heavy skillet over medium heat until hot; add steaks and cook, uncovered, 9 to 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Transfer steaks to serving plates; tent with foil to keep warm. Add broth, horseradish, and Dijon; boil until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring to loosen clinging particles. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and freshly ground pepper to taste. Makes 2 servings.

- I doubled mine because I'm a big boy and two servings = one to me. Anyway, it was pretty good if you are down with the pan cooked steak. I'm a grill man myself, but the sauce made it interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger breadchick said...

Wow Todd! I'm very impressed. I actually am going to make your steak with herbed horseradish sauce for dinner this week. MBH is strictly a meat and potato man (being a good Southern boy like yourself) so when I do, I will link back to your blog.

You will make some lady very lucky someday ;-)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

i'm trying my damndest...

2:19 PM  
Blogger breadchick said...

WOW! That is all I have to say. The steak was a hit at dinner tonight and this recipe goes into my wooden recipe box (which is only reserved for recipes I hope to had down to my children someday). I hope you don't mind, but I reposted it with credit to you on my blog. Thanks for the great steak recipe.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home