Monday, June 12, 2006

This is so bad...

Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle crash

In May 2005, Steelers coach Bill Cowher lectured Roethlisberger on the dangers of riding without a helmet.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Here's hoping he comes out of this okay...

UPDATE:
Maybe good news from Pittsburgh Live:

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Apparently he's having surgery for a broken jaw. I saw this scrolling during the WC and immediately thought of you. I hope you don't have a problem being immediately tied to Big Ben in my head.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

i guess i can't complain since you are forever linked with troy polamalu in my head (and on his!)...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That's the best picture ever.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home