Monday, May 29, 2006

Nico and I headed up to Hayden, AL on Saturday for The Acoustic Cafe's annual bluegrass get together and I have a few artists to recommend:

- The Lovell Sisters: The future of bluegrass, right here. Probably the best musicians there, these girls blew everyone else off the stage.

- Brennen Leigh: The absolute highlight of the day for me. Even though she was accompanied solely by her own mandolin and brother on guitar, her selection of original songs and older standards was dead on and I wish she had had more time to perform.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already ordered the Lovell Sisters CD as well as some Brennan Leigh stuff.

11:24 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

Hey Todd, are the Lovell Sisters more like modern bluegrass or like the old stuff? Some of the new stuff I just can't get into, but I love old bluegrass. Thanks.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

they're pretty traditional, though they did a few jazzier/swing oriented numbers.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home