Sunday, February 19, 2006

I was supposed to go see Hem friday night but screwed around all week and never went to get tickets and it sold out. This is something I do a lot of lately, make big plans to see shows and then either just not go or wait around until it sells out to even try to get a ticket. My buddy Tim went and said I didn't really miss much, that they played a pretty sripped down set (the whole band wasn't there) and the mandolin player was also playing a really terrible harmonica through the whole show. Later on he talked to him at the bar and found out he had only been playing for two days, which leads me to question the judgement of HEM's other members. Anyway, the mando/harmonica player was name dropping like crazy so Tim asked him if he had ever met Ryan Adams and he said he had and that Adams is the most dispicable human being to ever walk the face of the Earth. Which is absolutely hysterical and makes me wish I had gone now. Just thought I would share.














27 years of nothing but failure and promises that I couldn't keep...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sorry harmonica player is what ruins so many folksy bands for me.

Heck, I even wish Dylan would quit with the harmonica. So many of his songs would've been better without it.

My wife theorizes that these well-to-do-folkies think the harmonica is the instrument of the downtrodden and the working class and that all rural people, poor people or southerners know how to play harmonica so they do it to show that they're "down with us."

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and the Ryan Adams thing is hilarious.

A-hole or not though, the boy can write a tune.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

yeah, the harmonica is one of those instruments that everyone thinks sounds good when they play it, but everyone else knows you suck. dylan uses it pretty well, though sometimes it seems a little unecessary. springsteen is the only person i've never had an issue with when it came to the inclusion of the harmonica.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home