Monday, August 28, 2006

"I don't know if I'll ever get tired of football. One time I thought I might. . . I was out there on the practice field wondering whether football had passed me by. Then I heard the Million Dollar Band playing over on the practice field. When they started playing 'Yea, Alabama,' I got goosebumps all over me." - Bear Bryant

99.5 played a Bama promo this morning with 'Yea, Alabama' in the background (they play all the radio broadcasts of the games) and I got ridiculously excited and it reminded me of that quote. I know I haven't said anything about Bama on here, but with Nico holding it down at RBR and no one showing the hometown Blazers any bloggy love I wanted to focus on them even though my thoughts, as ever, are routinely focused on the Crimson Tide. Starting next week after the first game this will be a two team blog, because I just won't be able to help talking about Alabama. 5 days...

Also, Fight Music has mp3s of college fight songs and cheers to get you in the mood no matter who your team is, and here are their entries for Alabama:

Alabama Fanfare
Bammy Bound Cheer
Rammer Jammer (Hey Vols)
Go, Go, Go Alabama
Roll Tide, Roll
Go Bama, Go
Yea Alabama (long version)
Yea Alabama
Yea Alabama (old version)
Are You From Dixie & Alabama Jubilee
Eat 'Em Up
Go Bama
Shout

1 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

No good American could ever get tired of football, Todd .. here in Athens, however, we kind of came up short on the fight song .. the first time I heard "Glory, Glory to Old Georgia," I could have sworn it was "I've Been Working on the Railroad" .. Man, I just can't wait for kickoff Saturday!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home