Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Did you know we are currently in the midst of "TV Turn Off Week?" Me either, but it got me to thinking, "could I live without TV for an entire week?" The answer, of course, is no, but not for the reasons you would expect. Contrary to popular belief I don't actually watch that much television. There are three nights a week that I MUST be in front of the TV for a grand total of 3 1/2 hours. Tuesday night for Scrubs, Thursday night for My Name is Earl and The Office, and Sunday night for Desperate Housewives and The Sopranos. That's it. If I catch The Surreal Life or Hogan Knows Best (I blame The Girl and her VH1 fixation for getting me hooked), I'll watch them, but I've missed two Hogans in a row and this past weekend's Surreal Life and if I don't see them I won't care. So to spend only 3 1/2 dedicated hours in front of the TV per week is pretty damn good. Once summer repeats start I could probably go a week without actually watching any actual programming, but my TV would still have to be turned on. Why? NCAA 2006 and DVDs. I read a lot and spend a lot of free time with my nose in a book, but I also enjoy movies and NCAA 2006 (and soon 2007!) and wouldn't be willing to give up playing a video game or falling asleep to a movie when I go to bed. So don't look to me for a "No TV" pledge anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home