Sunday, March 26, 2006

- George Mason upsets UCONN, and I laugh with glee. I have a total hatred for UCONN the basketball team, yet am strangely drawn to the football program as evidenced by the fact that I included them in my "Who Should I Coach Next?" poll. Probably it's because the basketball team kept Bama from reaching the final four a few years ago, and the football team has never done anything but be a loveable underdog.

- I'm not pleased. I figured Anderson to be a little classier than to talk about wanting to win a title with UAB and staying at home in Birmingham for his kids and then run off to Missouri, but whatever.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

...and now, your new Blazers coach, Andy Kennedy!

::crowd goes wild, and someone mutters, "Murray, Part Deux?"::

4:36 PM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

...and now, your new Blazers coach, Mike Davis!

::crowd wonders, "What the hell happened to Andy Kennedy?"::

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UAB hoops down the tubes for the next few years I'm sure. :(

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but think the deal was done before UAB left town for the tourney.

I saw Anderson at the Full Moon BBQ on Southside (aka "The Church of The Bear-Orthodox") last week and every employee in the place lined up and hugged him as he left. It had strange air of finality about it.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, you mean Murry Bartow? The Fredo Corleone of UAB basketball?

6:34 PM  
Blogger TNIRISHFAN said...

My brother is a chef at a restaurant in Columbia Mo, and he said Anderson was in there the night of the hiring. My brother really enjoyed meeting him and his family. He said the University didn't even pick up the tab. How fricking funny is that. The only thing they had free was what the restaurant gave them... free hors'deurves

6:49 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

I had heard around town that Anderson was headed for Mizzou even before the tournament, that they were just hammering out details.

tnirishfan-sounds like a classy university to me...

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home