Saturday, October 22, 2005

10-22-2005

797) The Postman Always Rings Twice. I was confused for a long time, because I had seen the Nicholson version and, while it was pretty good, I didn't really get how it was supposed to be this great and classic film noir since it was released in the 80s. So for years I would see it on lists and think "the crap?" but then a few years ago I found out there was an older version and it all started making sense. Both have their merits and I'd be tempted to say this one wins out, but it would only be out of a sense of Old Hollywood snobbishness.

798) F/X. Eh.

799) Doom. The POV "Doom-Cam" sequence was pretty cool, but there was disappointingly little violence and mayhem. I played the game, that's what it was all about. Plot? What for! Character development? Who needs it! Give the people what they want and show some shit blowing up real good and heads splattering! That's what I paid my $8 for!

799 down, 201 to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

I've never seen the Nicholson version, thank God. The original -- so good.

I got wasted and almost went to see Doom last night. Guess going to Taco Bell and playing NCAA 2006 was a better choice....

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home