Sunday, October 16, 2005

10-16-2005

784) Party Monster. I was tempted to turn it off after 5 minutes because the acting was so over the top, but then I got sucked in. Unfortunately, the entertainment value died after another 30 minutes and it got boring fast. Whatever.

785) Kundun. If anyone could get permission from the Beastie Boys to make this movie, it's Martin Scorcese! And now for the part where I guarantee my censor by the communist Chinese, Chairman Mao can eat a dick.

786) D.C. Cab. When my family first got a VCR (a beta, no less) we went to rent movies and I saw the cover of this with Mr. T and I begged and pleaded to rent it and my mom wouldn't let me because it was rated R and she kept trying to explain that just because it had Mr. T on the cover didn't mean it was a movie about the A Team. I, of course, had none of it and was terribly upset until we got home and I watched Star Wars and promptly forgot all about it. As it turns out, she was very right to keep me from seeing it. Funny in that mid-80s screwball kind of way, but ultimately forgettable.

786 down, 214 to go.

- 6 days 'til Tennessee. Here's your UT joke of the day:

A reporter from the Birmingham News was driving through the countryside of North Alabama one Sunday afternoon when he pulled over at a gas station to stretch his legs. When he got out of his car, he saw a terrible sight: A young boy being attacked by a rabid dog. Suddenly he saw a man run from inside the station and shoot the dog before he could hurt the boy. Being a reporter, he immediately ran to the scene, pulled out his notepad, and started asking questions. As he was questioning him, the man noticed he had written on his pad "Heroic Alabama Fan Shoots Rabid Dog, Saves Young Boys Life." He corrects the reporter, saying "That's not entirely true, I'm not an Alabama fan." The reporter apologizes, scratches out Alabama and writes in Auburn. The man sees this and again corrects him saying, "That's not true either, I'm not an Auburn fan." The reporter looks puzzled and asks him "Don't you like football?" The man tells him "Well yes, I like football very much." The still confused reporter asks "Well if you aren't a Bama fan and you aren't an Auburn fan, then who do you pull for?" and the man says "I pull for Tennessee." The reporter says "Oh, I understand now", then scratches out the whole title and writes "Ignorant Hillbilly Murders Beloved Family Pet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home