Friday, March 17, 2006

- As fun as it was watching Gerry McNamara sitting on the bench about to cry, Syracuse losing screwed me. Not badly, I had them losing in the 2nd round to LSU, but still. In fact, the only two I missed yesterday were Syracuse and Seton Hall so the Big East can now, officially, kiss my ass.

- After the heady rush of the Marquette victory wore off, I realized Bama now faces the UCLA team that put a 78-44 beat down on Belmont. We might can hang with the Bruins (the good ones) if Felix and Steele are perfect, but Davidson will have to get his act together. This sucks.

- Dear Mike Davis, I could care less about the Hoosiers and don't really want them to win a title, but I like you and I hope you go out strong. Congratulations. Your friend, Todd.

- Dear UAB, Please make it 3-0. Your friend, Todd.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davidson scored 21, had 12 boards, 4 assists and 2 blocks. What the hell more do you want?

I got three games wrong yesterday in my bracket:

Milwaukee-Wisconsin (you'd figure I'd know about them.)
Nevada
Wichita State

13/16 isn't bad for someone that only closely follows his two teams.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

I want him to stop making incredibly poor decisions down the stretch like getting a rebound and then trying to toss it out to Steele but instead turning the ball over with less than a minute on the clock and only a 2 point advantage. All he had to do was hold the ball, eat the clock, let Marquette foul him and get to the line to pull away. Instead he tried to give the game away. He did look good to start with, but at the end of the second half he went cold, took shots he had no chance of making and generally looked confused out there.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

Hey, I noticed you're No. 1 in the bracket challenge after the first day -- but I'm hot on your heels, sucka!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

hack - if you are talking about nicole's bracket challenge then saturday it will all be over for me. i have bama and uab in the title game with uab winning out. homerism, baby!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Love that I'm in last place in my own damn pool!

Also, Nico, yeah you should have known about UWM. They made a Sweet 16 run last year, got a crappy seed this year and were pretty much picked by everyone to win that game. Gosh, how could you have not known that???

The good news is that in the bracket here where I can win money, I only lost one game.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd: Yeah, that one pass bugged the hell out of me, but still, he had a monstrous game.

Nicole: I don't pay attention to shit outside of UAB and Alabama. I pick on gut instinct and tradition...and I've won the bracket contests with a group of friends three years running and they're all junkies. They think too much. I react to my bracket Bruce Lee style and just bang it out.

I forgot to sign up for Nicole's bracket so I'm on one of the Yahoo leagues.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Bruce Lee style. I love it.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home